Gluten Free Soy Free Dairy Free Corn Free Hot and Tangy Soup Recipe
Finding healthy and filling healthy plans for our restrictive diets continues to be a challenge. However I do feel that I am getting better and more efficient!
Today’s healthy diet menu plan is a Tangy soup with ground beef and vegetables. I cooked about four pound and ground turkey a couple of days ago. (NOTE: The best price on ground turkey is at our local Costco for $2.29/pound.)
Before this lifestyle change, I didn’t use ground beef or ground turkey in many meals other than Italian dishes. Most of the ground meat was used for spaghetti sauce, lasagna, or baked ziti. I also used ground beef in chili.
I need to find some other recipes that were healthy, gluten free, soy free, dairy free and corn that used ground turkey. Here is one that I modified and tastes very good.
- Ground turkey (~3# cooked)
- Beans (I had beans in the frig that had been soaked and then cooked, ready for soup)
- Onions (3 large red)
- Garlic (5 cloves) (can never get enough garlic!)
- Chicken broth (~6-10 cups)
- Cabbage (6 cups, red)
- Diced Tomatoes (2x 15 oz cans)
- Carrots (finely chopped; ~10)
- Spices – I never measure :o) (T – stands for more; t – represents less)
- Xylitol (called for brown sugar) T
- Vinegar (used red wine) T
- thyme t
- cinnamon t
- pepper t
- Ground Cloves t
NOTE: Would have added a bay leaf or two but I just ran out my order hasn’t come yet. (I just added a link on the right sidebar to the best price I have found for bay leaves!!)
I will make rice or quinoa or gluten free pasta to go with the soup as well as fill up the boys.
Let me know if you if you like it and any modifications you recommend that I try.
With the cooler weather on the way, soup is a great meal!