Healthy Diet Plan: GF/SF/DF Recipe
I am tired of looking at recipes! Especially all these “free” ones. It is easier for me to find recipes we like and make them free of the allergens if possible. (BTW, looking for a tomato free pasta sauce.)
This healthy recipe is one we have used over the past couple of years and it is basically free of most allergens. The only item you need to check is the mustard you use.
Here it is:
Chicken, Sausage & Potato Healthy Recipe
- Chicken Breasts – cut into bit size pieces (cibsp)*** (I think we used 4 last night)
- Chicken Sausage – cibsp (I used five last night) [[will look for link to chicken sausage we can eat; it is in another post]]
- Potatoes – we started using sweet potatoes as well as Idaho potatoes; the mix is slowly going to more sweet potatoes. They really add a nice flavor to the dish.
(I have no idea how many.. we started with 5 sweet,, and I think 2-3 Idaho) and yes, cibsp!
- Onions – we like red or vidalia onions. Used one large one; cibsp
- Dressing – olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, salt, lemon juice, dijon mustard. (I use about twice the oil as the vinegar; so if I double the dish, it would be 1 cup oil to 1/2 cup vinegar; approx 2 T mustard; 2-4 T lemon juice; the rest to taste. I would like to add pepper but my daughter is allergic to it.)
NOTE: I usually add garlic as well but we add garlic to everything.
- Cut up the ingredients and put in a baking dish. (In order to have some leftovers I use two pyrex dishes.)
- Stir the dressing until well mixed and drizzle over the pans. I use a big spoon to make sure the contents are well covered with the dressing.
- Bake at 350 for about 60-90 minutes. (At 30 minute intervals I pull it out and stir it up.)
***NOTE: cut into bite size pieces (cibsp) I love this term! My son is a big help in the kitchen but his definition of bite size and mine are totally different! I cut this up into 1/2 inch pieces,, his are more like 1.5 inch or more. The potatoes take the longest to cook and when he helps, we need to cook it for 90 minutes which is fine with me!
As I mentioned, the only ingredient I had to check was the mustard. Our crew can eat all of this. Add a big salad and you are set for dinner!
This is one of the recipes in my healthy diet plan!